Here are the 10 reasons we think you’ll love FETCH. But we’re a tad biased.
10) Interactive: FETCH was designed to make the most of touch screens. There are Easter Eggs to find in every scene, where a mere tap of your finger will make something come to life. Find some bubble wrap in a box? Pop all the bubbles. Heck, we’d buy the game even if this were the extent of its gameplay. (#OCDconfession)
9) Collectibles: Find 42 dog tags for unbelievably awesome dogs. These dogs are the real world best friends of the developers and their friends.
8) Achievements: Earn 50 achievements with hilarious names, like “That’s a Wrap”, for the aforementioned bubble wrap popping session, and “Turd Place” (you’ll have to find that one out for yourself). Your achievements will be logged in Game Center.
6) Arcades: As you explore the world of FETCH, you’ll encounter a variety of old school arcade games. Each one is unique and they get progressively more challenging.
5) Adventure: It’s probably been a while since you’ve played a good adventure title, especially on a mobile device. The FETCH world will send you on a wild ride, from city streets, to skull islands, and even to space!
4) Sound: Don’t settle for the same SFX and music looping over and over like you find in most mobile games. FETCH has a rich and diverse music catalog. And the SFX are hilarious and addicting.
3) Dogs: The first domesticated animals; some would argue that they actually domesticated us; dogs hold a special place in our hearts. FETCH was developed as a tribute to the relationship we have with our pets.
2) Art: The first thing that anyone says when they play FETCH is, “It’s so pretty!” The art style is what we’d call Retro-Futuristic. It is a fun mash-up between what the 1950s thought we’d be experiencing and the realities of today. Many have described the game as a “living cartoon” or an interactive movie. It’s pure eye candy, screen after screen.
1) Story: Ultimately FETCH is the magical and, at times, heartrending story of a boy and his dog. FETCH’s storyline and simple touch game mechanics bring broad appeal to a wide audience of kids and adults. The storyline is sweet without being saccharine and has just the right amount of cheeky, well-intentioned humor that will bring smiles gamers of all ages.
Classic adventure meets arcade in this visually brilliant, fully interactive experience! Enough said.